6.13.2012

Raclette - Four cheese sliders & more!

I cannot believe that I forgot to blog about this! I went to Houston, TX about 8 weeks ago to visit my family and a good friend that I haven't seen in 4 years.  My uncle Dirk is from Germany and had introduced the Raclette to my Aunt Kelly.  My friend Jeff and I didn't quite know what to expect when my Aunt planned a dinner around this small grill. What a great surprise it was - and very delicious! So great that I went home and ordered my own raclette on Amazon (i ordered the granite stone top shown below -- my Aunt owns the black one below)





Raclette Grill Definition: A modern way of serving raclette involves an electric table-top grill with small pans, known as coupelles, to heat slices of raclette cheese in. Generally the grill is surmounted by a hot plate or griddle.  

On the grill above, we cooked the sliders and the veggies on top. On the middle rack, we placed the coupelles filled with four different cheeses. The cheese melts in the coupelles and then you can pour the cheese onto the burgers. We also put ham and pineapple slices with cheese in the coupelles! You can get very creative with this grill - it is great to make quesadillas, smores, grilled veggies, etc! You may use it inside or outside, as long as their is an outlet nearby.





                                                                               
.
.
.
.
Here are some pictures of my family and Jeff in Texas - it was one of my favorite vacations ever :)



Yup! It's a real elephant from a cancer fundraiser we attended. I ended up on stage in front of 1,000 people! Almost won a pair of $10,000 earrings! But I lost lol.


Cousins, Kirsten and Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment